This website (“Website”) is operated by Lone Star Café and Bar Franchise Limited (NZCN 621582) of Ground Floor, 22 Walker Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch, 8011, New Zealand (“Lone Star”).
Modifications of These Terms and Conditions
Lone Star Loyal App
You have the opportunity to earn and redeem points, rewards and Lone Star Dollars by registering through the Lone Star Loyal App or at www.lonestar.co.nz/loyal (“Loyal Page”).
- Earn 1 reward point for every dollar you spend at a Lone Star restaurant.
- Reward points are collected by scanning your receipt in the Lone Star Loyal App or by entering the unique code on the receipt on the Loyal Page.
- The maximum number of rewards points that may be earned on any one transaction is limited to 500 points.
- Points are only calculated on the final transaction value after any discounts or other reductions are applied.
- Points cannot be accumulated in conjunction with any other third party promotions, including but not limited to Entertainment Book.
- For every 200 points you earn you will receive a reward of 20 Lone Star Dollars.
- Lone Star Dollars may be spent on purchases of food and beverages at any Lone Star restaurant. Each Lone Star Dollar will be treated as having a value of NZ$1 when redeemed at a Lone Star Restaurant. You can track your Lone Star Dollars balance as you earn and spend Lone Star Dollars through the Lone Star Loyal App or by logging in to the Loyal Page.
- Lone Star Dollars cannot be exchanged for cash or used to purchase vouchers or Lone Star Gift Cards.The maximum value of Lone Star Dollars that may be redeemed on a single visit is $100. This limit may be modified at any time.
- Lone Star Dollars, reward points and status levels expire 12 months after the date of issue.
- Additional rewards may be given for registering through the Lone Star Loyal App or on the Loyal Page, achieving status levels, and birthdays. These additional rewards are subject to change without notice. See the Lone Star Loyal App or Loyal Page for the latest reward offers.
- When you earn a reward you’ll receive a QR code. Show it to the cashier next time you dine at a Lone Star restaurant to receive your reward.
- Expiry dates for rewards may vary and a reward cannot be redeemed after the expiry date specified on the reward.
- You can only earn points up to 6 times in any 3 hour time period.
- Lone Star Loyal Dollars and Reward Dollars can not be used in conjunction with any other offer, promotion, voucher or discount.
- Lone Star Loyal points cannot be earned on Uber Eats delivery purchases.
- If you have added a 'Child' in your Lone Star Loyal account, regardless of their age, they will receive a $15 birthday voucher. This is because the App recognises this person as a child under this category.
- Loyalty points not able to be earned or redeemed on Uber Eats.
- Lone Star Loyal can't be used with Entertainment book vouchers
Please note that Lone Star reserves the right to modify or amend this loyalty programme at any time without notice, including the types of rewards that are available, requirements relating to tier status and the types of tier status, rewards points earning rates and the redemption levels for rewards.
Lone Star and its Franchisees will not be liable for any loss of or inability to earn and redeem rewards points due to technical difficulties or the system being offline for any reason.
The Website and Lone Star App may sell products to adults, who can make purchases with a credit card. If you are under 18, you may use the Website and Lone Star App only with involvement of a parent or guardian. Lone Star and its franchisees reserve the right to refuse service or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
Lone Star Gift cards are available from a third party service provider through the Give a Gift Card website at www.giveagiftcard.co.nz/index.php/the-lone-star-cafe-gift-card.html.
- The minimum gift card purchase is $20. The maximum single gift car value is $500. Values selected over and above $500 will be split onto multiple cards.
- Lone Star gift cards can be used for the purchase of any goods at any Lone Star restaurant nationwide.
- Gift cards cannot not be reloaded with credit, returned, redeemed for cash or used towards the purchase of another gift card.
- Gift cards will expire 12 months from the date of purchase and any outstanding balance will be forfeited and cannot be refunded to the gift card holder or original purchaser of the gift card or transferred to another gift card.
- Lone Star is not responsible for lost or stolen gift cards, and no change will be given.
- To check your gift card balance visit www.lonestar.co.nz or text LONEBAL with your card number and pin to 8810 (costs $0.50) from your mobile.
In the event that you win a competition, we will announce this publicly and may use the information you have provided us as part of that announcement.
Unless otherwise specified in respect of a particular promotion or competition:
- Entry is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 or older. Employees of Lone Star as promoter or Lone Star’s associated companies, franchises and partners associated with the competition or promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
- Lone Star reserves the right to withdraw the competition or promotion or any part of it should its ability to fulfil its obligations be limited, impaired or prevent at any stage or be prohibited by any law.
- Lone Star reserves the right to verify the validity of the winning entry or entries.
- Lone Star’s decision on any matter relating to the promotion or competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes will not be exchangeable or transferable and cannot be substituted for cash by the winner.
- Lone Star reserves the right to change the prize and the prize value or ot pay a sum equal to the prize value in place of the prize, at its sole discretion without prior notice.
Use of certain features on the Website and Lone Star Loyal APP may be restricted and/or require registration. Lone Star shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to refuse or restrict anyone from accessing the Website and Lone Star Loyal APP at any time for any reason. Access to our Social Media Channels may require that you create an account on the relevant social media platform.
Lone Star reserves the right to require you to periodically change your Password. Lone Star shall not be responsible for your failure to keep your password secure, or be liable for any loss or damage arising out of, or related to, your use of your Password by you or anyone other than Lone Star.
This Website, Social Media Channels and the Lone Star Loyal App are provided by Lone Star on an "as is" and "as available" basis. All representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied (whether by statute, common law or custom of the trade or otherwise), as to the operation or availability of this Website, Social Media Channels or the Lone Star Loyal App or any of the functionality, content or information included in or accessed through them, are expressly excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law, including (without limitation) any warranties, guarantees or conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. To the maximum extent permitted by law we exclude any warranty that:
- The Website, Social Media Channels or Lone Star Loyal App will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error free; or
- Any errors in the Website, Social Media Channels or Lone Star Loyal App will be corrected.
Your use of this Website, Social Media Channels and/or the Lone Star Loyal App is at your sole risk.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances, shall Lone Star or any of its employees, directors, franchisees or suppliers be liable to you or to any other person for any indirect, special, incidental or consequential losses or damages of any nature arising out of or in connection with the use of or access to or inability to use or access this Website, Social Media Channels and/or the Lone Star Loyal APP. To the fullest extent permitted by law, Lone Star will have no liability for any damages or claims arising from or relating to the Website, the Lone Star Loyal App or the Social Media Channels or your access to or use of any of them.
Any material downloaded from or otherwise obtained through the Website, Social Media Channels or Lone Star Loyal App is at your own discretion and risk and you will be solely responsible for any damage to any computer hardware, software or system or loss of data that results from the download of that material.
We have used reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website, the content of our Social Media Channels and Lone Star Loyal App comply with New Zealand laws. However, we make no representations that the materials, promotions or functionality offered on the Website, Social Media Channels or Lone Star Loyal App are appropriate or available for use in locations outside New Zealand. Anyone accessing the Website, Social Media Channels or Lone Star Loyal App from other locations does so on their own initiative and is responsible for compliance with all applicable laws. If access or use of the Website, Social Media Channels or Lone Star Loyal App, or use of any material or content on them or participation in any promotion offered through them are contrary to or infringe any applicable law in your jurisdiction(s), you are not authorised to access or use the Website, Social Media Channels or Lone Star Loyal App and you must exit immediately.
All prices stated on the Website, Social Media Channels or Lone Star Loyal App are stated in New Zealand dollars.
All remarks, suggestions, ideas, graphics, posts, check-ins, images, comments or other information communicated by you to Lone Star through the Website, Social Media Channels and/or Lone Star Loyal App (“Submissions”) will forever be the property of Lone Star. Lone Star will not be required to treat any enquiries, messages or content received via these channels as confidential, and may freely use any ideas for its business and without liability to or obligation to compensate the submitter of the idea. Without limitation, Lone Star will have exclusive ownership of all present and future existing rights to the Submission of every kind and nature everywhere and will be entitled to use the Submission for any commercial or other purpose whatsoever without compensation to you or any other person sending the Submission.
You acknowledge that Lone Star does not control any Submissions. By accessing or using the Website or Lone Star Loyal App or Social Media Channels, you may be exposed to Submissions that may be offensive or otherwise objectionable. You acknowledge and agree that Lone Star is not responsible for any loss or damage that may be incurred by you as a result of any Submissions provided by any person, or as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any Submission. Lone Star reserves the right (but will have no obligation) to review, edit or delete from the Website or Social Media channels any Submission which Lone Star in its sole discretion considers illegal, offensive, in violation of a third party right or otherwise inappropriate.
Email and Other Communications
Lone Star may seek to gather information from any user who is suspected of violating these Terms and Conditions, and from any other user. Lone Star may suspend access to the Website or Lone Star Loyal App or block from any Social Media Channels any users whose conduct or postings are under investigation and may remove such material from its servers or Social Media Channels as it deems appropriate and without notice.
Links and Advertisements
Lone Star is not affiliated or associated with the sponsors, owners or producers of any third party websites linked to or from this Website, Social Media Channels or the Lone Star Loyal App or any advertisements displayed in or in connection with our Social Media Channels. These linked sites and advertisements are not under our control and Lone Star explicitly disclaims any responsibility for the accuracy, content or availability of the information, products, and/or services found on or through such third party sites or advertisements. Lone Star does not endorse and has not taken any steps to confirm the accuracy or reliability of any of the information, products or services contained on or through such third party sites or advertisements. Lone Star does not make any representations or warranties as to the security of any information (such as credit card and other sensitive information) you might give on any third party site. You may link to our homepage or Social Media Channels, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our express consent. We may disable all or any social media features and any links at any time without notice in our discretion.
This policy describes the personal information collected by Lone Star Café and Bar Franchise Limited (“we, us or our”) on www.lonestar.co.nz, the Lone Star Loyal App, www.facebook.com/lonestarnz, www.instagram.com/lonestarnz and any other social media platforms used by us or other authorised sites, services and tools where this policy appears (collectively, this “Site”), how we use it, and when we share it with third parties.
Information collected and how it’s used
Information is collected about you (directly and/or through your activities from various sources), including without limitation the following:
- information you provide when you contact us;
- information you provide on the promotion/campaign/account registration and other online pages, surveys, or other submission through this Site or tagging us in or checking into one of our locations;
- information recorded as a result of your interaction with us and/or franchisees and/or use of the Site;
- information you provide when you respond to surveys conducted by or on behalf of us and/or franchisees;
- information we gather about you through our marketing activities.
The information collected is held by us and may be combined with other information and may be used and disclosed in a number of ways by us (directly and/or through activities of franchisees and/or suppliers), to help us better understand and serve our guests, or as otherwise described, including without limitation as described below.
- To provide you with, or otherwise respond to your requests for, information and/or services, including but not limited to the Lone Star Loyal programme, franchise information and marketing.
- To administer campaigns, promotions and service, including to verify your participation in campaigns or competitions.
- To provide you with information about new products or services, campaigns, competitions and surveys and marketing.
- To enhance our guest experience in our Restaurants.
We use third party service providers to make gift card services available to you. The information that you submit while placing a gift card order is collected by our third party service providers. We have no responsibility to you for any information you provide to these third parties.
Site Uses and Targeted Information
We may gather traffic patterns, usage information, purchasing behaviour and similar data. This data may identify you individually and we may associate it with other personal information that we collect from you. We may share anonymous and/or aggregated statistics about guests with others outside our company.
The information captured about your activities will make it possible for us, among other things;
- provide you with custom tailored information
- remember information you gave to us so you don’t have to re-enter it each time
- monitor the effectiveness of certain of our marketing campaigns
- monitor total number of visits etc.,
- enforce limitations on downloads described for on-line coupons and other similar offers.
- gather entries to competitions based on purchasing behaviour
We may from time to time use your information and third party service providers to implement and evaluate our marketing activities and programs, including without limitation activities on our Site and to engage in targeted and personalised online advertising on third party websites or other online or offline services operated by third parties.
Social media information
When you follow or like our social media channels or like, comment on, share or otherwise interact with any of posts or other content on our social media channels, you may provide information to us about yourself, including your name, profile information and profile picture. The information that you make available may be controlled through the settings for your account on the relevant social media platform.
Our social media channels are public and everything you share on our posts can be seen by everyone else. Please do not share any personal, confidential or sensitive information when posting on any of our social media channels.
The Site is not directed toward children under the age of thirteen, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are between the ages of 13 and 18, please ensure that you use this Site with the permission of a parent or guardian. If a child under 13 provides personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian contact us, and we will promptly delete the child’s information from our records.
Security of your information
Lone Star maintains reasonable physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information. Unfortunately though, we can’t guarantee that any safeguards or security measures will be sufficient to prevent a security problem. If you believe your account(s) have been compromised, please immediately contact us and take immediate action to remove the credit card, Lone Star gift card or other payment information associated with your account(s). Disclosure of personal information is at your own risk.
Transfer of assets
In the event of a transfer or sale of some or all of our business or assets, Lone Star may disclose your personal information to those involved in such a transfer or sale of business or assets.
Changing your Information
If you need to update, verify or delete your personal information, please contact us directly via our website general enquiry form at www.lonestar.co.nz. Please note however, that changes made directly may not remove your personal information from specific uses for which it was previously provided or active marketing or other programs. This information will be updated as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that your historical usage information may remain in our records.
To opt-out of email marketing communications, unsubscribe using the “unsubscribe” choices at the bottom of an email marketing communication from us. To opt-out of future offline uses of your personal information, do not use your Lone Star Loyal App and contact us at www.lonestar.co.nz to request that your personal information be deleted. Please note, however, that changes made may not remove your personal information from specific uses or active marketing or other programs. This information will be updated as soon as reasonably possible, subject to retention for Lone Star Loyal administration, troubleshooting and other valid legal or business reasons. Please note that your historical usage information may remain in our records.
Robin Ribs Promotion
Win the Ultimate Movie Experience in Auckland to watch the new Robin Hood film, in cinemas November 22!
Competition Details / Terms & Conditions
Entry to the Draw
Win a trip for two to be at the new Robin Hood Premiere in Auckland NZ on Wednesday 21st November thanks to STUDIOCANAL and Lone Star.
Simply dine and scan your Lone Star Loyal App at the cashier from 15th October until the 12th November and you’re automatically in the draw.
You can also scan the barcode at the bottom of your receipt within 72 hours of dining.
Competition closes on November 12th 2018 and the winner will be drawn and announced on November 13th 2018
If the winner is unable to be reached by 5.00pm on Tuesday 13th November 2018, or unable to travel on the dates required, the prize will be re-drawn.
Prize consists of:
- One nights’ accommodation for 2 people (twin/double room share) at an Auckland Hotel. Exact Hotel TBC(Check In date: 21/11/18 / Check Out date: 22/11/18).
- Return flights for two (2) adults from the Wellington, Christchurch, or Dunedin (depending on which airport is closet to you) to Auckland, NZ. (Flight times will be booked at STUDIOCANALs discretion.)
- Double Pass Premiere Tickets to Robin Hood at 6pm 21/11/18
- $150 Lone Star Voucher for two to dine (vouchers sent via Lone Star Loyal App)
There is one prize to be won across all participating Lone Star outlets.
Prize is not transferable and not redeemable for cash.
Terms & Conditions
- The "Promoter" is Lone Star Cafe & Bar Franchise Limited, 22 Walker Street, Christchurch 8011.
- Entry is open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or older. Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s partners associated with this promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter, including Lone Star franchisees and their employees.
- Each guest that visits any participating Lone Star restaurant and scans their Lone Star Loyal App to record any purchase during the Promotional Period will automatically be in the draw. There is a limit of one entry per person per day.
- To enter the competition, entrants must have downloaded the Lone Star Loyal App and have filled in all their correct details: their full name, a current and valid email address, date of birth, address and phone number.
- The Promoter reserves the right to withdraw this promotion or any part of this promotion should its ability to fulfill its obligations be limited or prohibited at any stage by any form of failure, technical or otherwise, or by any law.
- The Promotional Period commences at 12.01am on Monday 15th October 2018 and will finish at 11.59pm on Monday 12th November 2018 ("Promotional Period").
- Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries.
- The competition is scheduled to be drawn on Tuesday 13th November 2018. The Promoter reserves the right to change this date at any time before, during or after the Promotional Period. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winner will be notified by phone. Inability to contact the winner by close of the business day following the prize draw will result in the prize being forfeited and a further draw will be conducted.
- The Prize consists of:
- a. One nights’ accommodation for 2 people (twin/double room share) at an Auckland Hotel. Exact Hotel TBC(Check In date: 21/11/18 / Check Out date: 22/11/18).
- Return flights for two (2) adults from Wellington, Christchurch, or Dunedin (depending on which airport is closet to you) airport to Auckland, NZ
Flight times will be booked at STUDIOCANALs discretion.
- Double Pass Premiere Tickets to Robin Hood at 6pm 21/11/18
- $150 Lone Star Voucher for two to dine (vouchers sent via Lone Star Loyal App)
- Travel is NOT included from Airport to the Premiere
Total prize value approximately $1000
- Prize is the sole responsibility of the main prize winner. The winners will be responsible for any other requirements or costs associated with the prize not specified above. This may include transfers to and from relevant airports within New Zealand, spending money and travel insurance. Prize to be arranged with Lone Star. Flight times may vary depending on availability.
- The winners consent to their names, submitted photos and text summaries being used for public relations purposes relating to this promotion.
- The prizes are not exchangeable or transferable and cannot be taken for cash.
- The prize winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image and prize win for future marketing and promotional use without further compensation.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of the winning entry.
- Tampering with the entry process, or submitting an entry not in accordance with the Terms and Conditions, will disqualify the entry.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for lost, misdirected, or late entries or any entries that for whatever reason are not received by the Promoter or are incomplete.
- By submitting your details, you agree to be contacted by Lone Star as well as third parties associated with this promotion.
- The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, servers or providers, or any combination thereof. Nor is it responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information caused by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or by any technical error that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to alteration of entries. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned for reasons including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration security, fairness integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or modify this promotion.
- All entries are deemed to be received at the time of the receipt into the Promoter's systems and NOT at the time of transmission by the entrant.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, none of the Promoter or any of its officers, employees or agents, nor any of the Promoter’s franchisees or any of such franchisee’s officers, employees or agents, are liable for any loss, damage, or injury by or to any person in connection with this promotion or with winning or benefiting from a prize. For the purposes of and under the Contracts (Privacy) Act 1982, the benefit of the provisions of this paragraph extends and applies to, and the provisions of this paragraph are intended to be enforceable by, all or any of the Promoter’s officers, employees and agents, the Promoter’s franchisees, and the officers, employees and agents of any such franchisee.
- The Prize is subject to the terms and conditions of third party service providers and suppliers, and the Promoter and its related bodies corporate are not responsible or liable for any direct or indirect loss suffered by an entrant as a direct or indirect result of the conduct of any such third party service provider and supplier.
- directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the Promotion or any prize.
- Prize claim will be verified by the winner providing the Promoter with a signed copy of these Terms and Conditions, as full acceptance of the prize as well as proof of identity.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the prize and the prize value at their discretion without prior notice.
- The Promoter reserves the right to change the Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
For More Information
Lone Star Cafe and Bar Franchise Limited, (NZCN 621582) of Ground Floor, 22 Walker Street, Christchurch Central, Christchurch, 8011, New Zealand