You’re an experienced chef, with your Basic Food Hygiene Certificate. A Certificate in Professional Cookery, or a City and Guilds qualification is a plus.
Maintaining a clean, orderly kitchen is second nature to you. Juggling cleaning, prep work, and working on colds, hots, grill and pans is all in a day’s work.
You’re used to working with established systems and processes. In the Lone Star kitchens, we expect all our chefs to follow our Kitchen Bible and Operations Manual.
And of course, you’re a top team player, comfortable training and mentoring new talent, and ready to jump in and help at the drop of a hat.
But most of all, you’re all about serving up flawless food to our guests, sending them home full of delicious Lone Star classics, and delighted with their experience.
We’ve spent 30 years giving folks legendary experiences, and we don’t settle for anything less than the best when it comes to our Lone Star Crew.
So, if you’re the best chef you know, we’re mighty keen to hear from you.
Become part of the legend!!
The Lone Star is a legendary name within the hospitality industry with over 30 years of service. Within this renowned company our point of difference has always been the team we have working for us.
At Lone Star, a positive attitude and good character is a priority.
We are looking for a confident Hots Chef to start immediately and join our busy work environment in Petone. This is a challenging and exciting role for someone with initiative, energy and passion. We are in a growth phase which will present opportunities to progress in leadership, development and remuneration.
You will be an integral part of the kitchen team working closely with the Head Chef to achieve Lone Star Brand Standards and working on the grill, pans and other areas of the kitchen. You will need to provide leadership as well as support to your fellow team members.
THE TEAM MEMBER WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
• Satisfy customers by giving them a flawless eating experience.
• Produce food of a very high standard by following our Lone Star recipes as specified
• Able to work under pressure in a high volume environment
• Have an energetic and passionate approach to your work
• Must be a team player, reliable and up for a challenge
• Be a clear and strong communicator
• Must be able to work on any given day including weekends
• Operate in and maintain a clean, orderly and professional kitchen
• A sense of humor is important and encouraged
FOR THIS ROLE, WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE ENQUIRED KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS:
TASKS AND EXPECTED RESULTS - COLDS
To follow all Lone Star bible recipes and methodology when preparing food and during service
Keep food labeled, dated, well covered and rotated
TASKS AND EXPECTED RESULTS - HOTS
Defrost foods for the following day
Complete daily food preparation from the prep list and portion correct weights
Follow all Lone Star bible recipes and methodology when cooking and heating
Heat all sauces and foods to correct temperatures
Check prepared food in section for taste and freshness
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE:
• A cover note telling us a bit about yourself and what you are looking for.
• An up to date CV with correct contact details.
• Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa.
• Full details of your Visa conditions & expiry (if have one)